Story War is about to hit $100k and our campaign isn’t even halfway over! Hopefully we can hit $200k by the end of the campaign, or, fingers crossed, $250k!
Here are our brand new post-$100k stretch goals! You’ll hear more about each one as they’re unlocked, but here’s a quick rundown of each goal and what it vaguely means and how we’re qualified to fulfill them:
- $100k: Free Online Multiplayer Client: One of the makers of Story War, Tom, is also a great generalist programmer! He’ll be building the online client on top of Google Hangout’s API, which means you’ll be able to play Story War with your internet friends using virtual cards and webcams. For free!
- $120k: Base set upgrade: We’re going to add more stuff to the base set! This means more free stuff for everyone, as the base set is included at all physical reward levels!
- $140k: Free new Game Mode: Y’all know what this is.
- $160k: Weekly webcomic: This will be a webcomic posted on our blog that will update every week, or possibly even more often! Comics will be set in the Story War universe and based on stories sent into us by players! Players are even free to send in their own comics and share them with the Story War community at large!
- $180k: Free new Game Mode: Y’all know what this is.
- $200k: Story War animated short: This is insane, right? One of the makers of Story War, Brad, is also a video producer! He’s produced cartoons before and knows a lot of animators and video production people. If we reach this stretch goal, we’ll make a short animation based on a Story War battle!
- $225k: Free new Game Mode: Y’all know what this is.
- $250k: iOS game project: This will be us working on something set within the Story War universe that might not necessarily be the same kind of game! We’ll be partnering with our friends at Golden Ruby Games to get started on something new that uses the Story War characters and is shaped with input from our backers!
Also! We added a new reward tier, SKETCHY DELUXE PACK! For $70, you’ll get everything in the DELUXE PACK but we’ll also include an original signed sketch by our artist, Vondell Swain! You should upgrade your pledge to the $70 tier to help us reach our new stretch goals! And also because Vondell got hit by a car this morning and he would really appreciate the gesture! (He’s fine!)
Vondell will also probably be coming with us to PAX East in a few weeks! We’re getting a demo table! So if you’re going to PAX East, look for the Story War table and come say hi! If you definitely want to do that, you should follow the @CantripGames twitter account for real time updates during PAX East.